Re: Sign convention contact laws

Hi,

not sure to understand. I mean, what you say it is correct and valid as far
as we look at the relative situation (to me is like being in a local
coordinate system). To put it better, if you exchange the id of the
particles, your relative velocity will have same direction but different
sense (right?). From this we understand that we get the increment in a local
system (and that is fine) but the shear force is supposed to be expressed in
the global system (that is why we rotate it).
So, would not be better to define a sort of tangential vector in order to
fix a reference also for the shear part as we for the normal one?

Chiara