Re: Shear force ScGeom

Bruno Chareyre a écrit :

There is the book edited by Cambou and Jean "micromécanique des matériaux granulaires, Hermes Science, 2001". But I don't remenber whether they speak about algorithms of DEM and whether it has been translated in English!�

Not sure it's been translated. More important : the DEM part is written by Michel Jean in a very general context, Cundall's model appears as a particular case, where stiffness is considered a "regularization function" (i.e. a numerical trick more than a physical law), there is not much details about effective computation of 3D geometries.
I would prefer another reference...

What about your PhD thesis? Didn't you summarize the equations in SDEC?

Well, in my thesis there is only 4 equations:

Sum of forces = mass*acceleration,

Fn = Kn*overlap
DFs= Ks*Dus
Fs <= Fn tan phi

I will send you the thesis of Sebastien Hentz, there is more details! In particular about the way to take into account particle rotations for the update of shear forces.

  Luc

Bruno