Re: Damping shear direction

Ok for deltaShearDisp, but velocity is really velocity.
What would be deltaVel, acceleration*dt?

B.

chiara modenese a écrit :

On 25 March 2010 14:44, Sergei D. <dorofeenko@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:dorofeenko@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    25.03.2010 17:28, chiara modenese:
    > BTW, could not we change terminology once we define, for
    instance, the
    > relative velocity?
    > I would say deltaRelVelocity, instead of relativeVelocity, and
    > deltaShearDisplacement and do on if we use the incremental
    > formulation. It is less confusing (it might be better also for
    new users).

    But now we have exactly the instant relative velocity:

    const Vector3r relativeVelocity = (de1.vel+de1.angVel.Cross(c1x)) -
    (de2.vel+de2.angVel.Cross(c2x)) ;
    const Real normalVelocity    = geom.normal.Dot(relativeVelocity);
    const Vector3r shearVelocity    =
    relativeVelocity-normalVelocity*geom.normal;

    No? What is "delta"?

    S.

Yes, but as you say it is an "instant" relative velocity. Delta is a greek word that means increment. My though was just to say it would be better to refer the names of all those variables to an incremental formulation. But it was just a suggestion, it is ok anyway.
I'll test my script.

Chia

Bruno Chareyre
Associate Professor
Grenoble INP
Lab. 3SR
BP 53 - 38041, Grenoble cedex 9 - France
Tél : 33 4 56 52 86 21
Fax : 33 4 76 82 70 43