Re: [yade-users] uniaxial test on cubic sample

> I am wondering if we can use the uniaxial strainer on cubic sample
> (the answer is probably yes). As far as I understood, uniaxialStrainer
> needs attributes (posIds, negIds, axis) from uniaxialTestFeatures to
> work. But, I did not get how these variables can be computed for a
> cubic sample (uniaxialTestFeatures seems to be OK only for sample with
> a predominating length). The alternative would be to identify the
> uniaxial features depending only on the axis of the sollicitation, but
> I am still not very clear about that.
>
> Do you have any advice to do so?
Hi,

I added axis (0=x,1=y,2=z; -1 by default) parameter to
uniaxialTestFeatures in r2129, if that helps you. That function is
probably not very robust, so I cannot guarantee that it behaves well. (I
hope it does)

https://www.yade-dem.org/sphinx/yade.utils.html#yade.utils.uniaxialTestFeatures

HTH, Vaclav