Re: walls of the triaxial test

Ok Thank you Jerome and Bruno,

Ok, it may be needed to adapt the TT prepocessor but I imagine that is not a big job. About the box-box interactions, I don't need it. So it should be ok. You can guess what I want to do: I want to perform a stress control, but without a closed loop-control as it is done in the TriaxialStressController, but by applying directly forces on walls. I know it is less efficient than a close loop control, but... I need it.

Thanks, Luc

Bruno Chareyre a écrit :
Yes. But for now, they can have funny features, like mass=0 and such, if you use TT preprocessor. I don't guarantee immediate result, but it should give the dynamic behavior of of a parallelepiped if you check a few details. Jerome mentionned that there are no box-box interaction, there could be problems with contacts on the edges and vertices as well, according to Vaclav, but this is probably not what you need?

Bruno

Luc Sibille a écrit :
Hi all,

I just would like to obtain a confirmation: walls composing the box of the triaxial test are "particles" as the spheres composing the sample, they just have the shape of a parallelepiped? I mean if I fix these walls as dynamic bodies, they will move according to the second-Newton's law?

Best, Luc

--
Luc Sibille

Université de Nantes - Laboratoire GeM UMR CNRS

IUT de Saint Nazaire
58, rue Michel-Ange - BP 420
44606 Saint-Nazaire Cedex, France

Tel: +33 (0)2 40 17 81 78