Re: Simulation in displacement control

2010/4/18 Václav Šmilauer <eudoxos@xxxxxxxx>

> > Should not we also have a normal applied force once we test shear?
> Maybe I got your question right now. The Cpm model is cohesive, plastic
> limit is non-zero for zero normal force; there can be shear without
> normal force then. v
>
> Hi Vaclav,
in fact I am not yet dealing with cohesive laws. Actually if one wants to
test the shear direction it is not as straightforward as for the normal
part. I managed to do that having viscous damping at contacts (so that, in a
sphere-sphere interaction, you first apply a force in the normal direction
till you reach equilibrium having a damped solution and then you apply the
shear force and look at the problem as it is in the normal direction, the
incremental formulation eventually being the only difference). But if I take
another law, say the Mindlin one, I do not know how to repeat the test not
having damping for normal/shear direction. If you have any suggestions in
mind just let me know. Say that I just want to plot the force/displacement
relationship in the shear direction. Cheers, Chiara