Re: Simulation in displacement control

chiara modenese a écrit :
Hi Jerome,
say that you want a constant normal force at the interaction and meanwhile you apply a shear force. If you do not apply damping (hereby in the normal direction) your bodies would bounce and the normal force would not be constant..
Ok. I was maybe too categoric but I had the feeling by reading your mail that it was only damping which let you obtain an equilibrium solution (which would be not possible physically without damping). It seems I misunderstood. So the best is what Vaclav adviced : set both bodies as non-dynamic. You will then control directly all the features (relative displacement and consequently forces) of the interaction.