Re: TranslationEngine Vs JumpChangeSe3

I then tried to see what happens if I use TranslationEngine. In such case I
> can still run the simulation havin non dynamic bodies (and I get the same
> result as above). My question is: in this second case, if I set the body I
> am forcing to move as dynamic, am I considering twice the applied
> displacement since I am also calling NewtonIntegrator?

Yes, I confirm (by myself :-) ) that doing so we account for the applied
displacement twice. Actually this fact is already documented and avoid in
JumpChangeSe3 class. Maybe we can add a comment also in TranslationEngine so
that if one wants to use it on dynamic bodies, it knows that in such a way
you apply the displacement (giving velocity as input) twice.
Actually I do not see another way to apply TranslationEngine to dynamic
bodies avoiding this problem. In fact, one could use JumpChangeSe3 on
dynamic bodies as well, but not using ScGeom since it needs velocities.

Chiara