Re: Energy dissipation

Doesn't the problem with different plasticity condition come into play
only if you store shear force instead of strain? That would break for
non-linear elasticity...?

Not sure it makes a difference. How do you define the plastic strain in your case? I guess it uses plastic = total - elastic, with elastic = some sort of ftmax/ks (remember... ;)).
Now, what if you cannot write elastic=ftmax/ks due to non linearity?

Worth than that : unload the normal component with null shear velocity. It will meet the plasticity criterion at some point (assuming purely frictional law). Some elastic energy will be transfered to plasticity with total dUs=0. I see this special case only now... I'll have to tackle this even for FrictPhys_basic.

Bruno

Bruno Chareyre
Associate Professor
Grenoble INP
Lab. 3SR
BP 53 - 38041, Grenoble cedex 9 - France
Tél : 33 4 56 52 86 21
Fax : 33 4 76 82 70 43