Re: UniaxialTest

2010/4/30 Václav Šmilauer <eudoxos@xxxxxxxx>

> > with this law I can run just compression,
> > before I run it and posted its graph to you, in this law there isn't
> > any cohesion then Sigma is zero.
> Oh, sorry. But you can adapt it easily.
>
> BTW check how are your interactions generated. Perhaps you don't have
> the full hexagonal network and that gives you lower stiffness in tension
> (in compression, spheres will collide).

I have never used UniaxialEngine but from the last Vaclav's comment we can
get a better idea of how it works.
If you run a compression test, you end up creating a number of chains in the
models through which you somehow transmit the load.
If we look at the triaxial, for instance, in the triaxial phase we apply a
load on the upper wall to compress the specimen and if we check the stresses
at the bottom wall, they are more or less the same (if the strain rate is
small enough).
I am actually thinking how it would work in a tension example... If you have
any further explanations I am quite curious..

Chiara