Re: Tension

> But I have a question, how do you do tension-tests?
> I understand, that it is not a usual test for mining rocks, concretes
> and other similar materials, and I have some doubts, how to simulate
> it.
> Using hexagonal packing, there is no "gap" between spheres, where it
> is possible to place a facet.
Hi Anton, it is very common for concrete (ductile fracture). I use
UniaxialStrainer the same as for compression, just setting strainRate>0.
UniaxialStrainer displaces boundary particles, which solves the problem
of gluing particles to supports, since there are no supports.

Tensile tests are much more senitive to strain rate and dynamic effects
in general, be careful with that (I use .1 of the compression rate).

Also, you can pre-determine localization by using dogbone (hyperboloid)
specimen, as in examples/concrete/uniax.py.

HTH, Vaclav