Re: fixedPoroCompaction TT

    are you using the bool fixedPoroCompaction in the triaxial to get
    a specific porosity?

No, I'm not the author of that and I don't know what it does exactly. Jean-François maybe?

    I can see that is not probably the best method for this purpose.

I agree.

    Now that I am finally back to the Triaxial (which is my current
    interest) I need to vary the porosity of the sample. I vaguely
    remember some time ago you suggested me to play with friction (and
    I guess maybe also with Cundall damping) to get a specific
    porosity. Should I maintain a specific confining pressure under
    this process, right?

Yes.

    Can this pressure be anyone?

With low pressure, fabric evolution will go slower (i.e. more timesteps and cpu time, assuming you don't modify inertia at the same time) but you will have more elastic deformation (which may be a problem or not for you).

    We could add a function to the triaxial that does this if not yet
    been done in yade.

It doesn't need any c++. I've added a function to modify friction recently. You could just apply it each 100 iterations, reducing friction a little, as soon as the packing is stable and until you reach the porosity you like.

You can type this in python :

TriaxialCompressionEngine().setContactProperties(fricDegree)

Bruno