Re: Yade installing problem

On 06/09/2010 05:49 PM, yyu wrote:
Hello  everyone,
       When I installed yade in my linux, I didnot find the file
(scons.config) in the source file, although before typing scons in a
terminal.  I donot completely understand the mean of "edit
scons.config". How can i edit it? using c++? I read the installing steps
on the websit(https://yade-dem.org/wiki/Beginners-guide)for beginners at
the compiling step.
Hi Yaoweiyu,
the guide you're following is outdated and need to be rewritten.

I supposed you downloaded yade from launchpad and you have actually your
yade/ folder saved somewhere in your pc.
Well know, open the terminal in yade/ folder and type:

scons -h

This will:
- verify that all the libraries you need to compile and use Yade are installed in your pc
- create a scons.profile-default and a scons.current-profile files.
- list all the possible options for the compilation that you can add to your scons file (read what follows..)

More precisely, in the scons.profile-default file you'll find few lines which will be the
instructions that the compiler will read.
Leave that file unchanged (it's a default file..) and create by yourself a new one called for example

scons.profile-yaoweiyu

and go to modify the scons.current-profile by adding this line:

profile='yaoweiyu'

This will tell the compiler to read your own compilation instructions.

I'll copy hereafter my scons file.

PREFIX = '/home/3S-LAB/ecatalano/Yade/'
exclude = 'lattice,snow'
features = 'cgal,log4cxx,opengl,openmp'
jobs = 3
linkStrategy = 'monolithic'
chunkSize = 10
version = 'lux'
CXXFLAGS = []
SHCCFLAGS = ['-fPIC']

There is another issue. when I installed yade
according to installation of yade on
ubuntu(http://yade.wikia.com/wiki/Installation_of_yade_on_debian_or_kubuntu)a
the last step. When I typed scons # installs to /yu/local by default  in
terminal, the terminal will stop at the line of */home/yu/build-
trunk/plugins0.cpp*. At the same time, my computer crashed. thanks alot.
For that problem I have no ideas. Try to do what I wrote before and tell us what's happen.
Bestwishes
yaoweiyu

Thanks. Ema