Re: Yade 0.50 released

A great work done by great people.
Yade is magnificently open and motivates our work.
Thank you everybody and congratulations.

Ema

On 06/11/2010 02:42 PM, Pisistrate wrote:
Hi everyone,

As this new release takes off, I just wanted to say a few words.
When SDEC started in 1990 I was alone working on it, before I asked Olivier Galizzi to restructure it completely during his PhD (which he never defended alas) to build up an open source project. Janek then joined us and gave so much to make this project viable. Then Vasclav came along and spent so much time with devotion to give this project a mature level. Bruno, Anton and Serguei (whom I never had the pleasure of meeting) and all of you, play the game of the open source spirit, helping each other, developing to offer the best for the scientific community, and every one else by asking questions, debugging, testing, getting results, publishing, you are all doing a fantastic job. Everybody plays a key role. Even though I have not been part of the development game for many years, now when I see what you have done, I am not only proud but fully amazed by what you have achieved and what you are still doing. Please keep this spirit of the open source development for your benefit and the benefit of the community.
What I see now is far beyond what I could dream of ten years ago.

Thank you so much,

Frederic Donze.

Václav Šmilauer a écrit :
Dear users,

after almost one year of work, we made the "official" release of Yade
0.50. For details about the release, including bugs fixed, changelog and
source tarball visit https://launchpad.net/yade/trunk/0.5 .

Those who use 0.20 are strongly encouraged to upgrade.

The 0.5 version is documented at https://www.yade-dem.org/sphinx/. A
more thorough description of some algorithms is in my thesis that you
can find online under https://yade-dem.org/wiki/Publications#PhD_theses
(the contents will be integrated into the official documentation of Yade
in the future -- hopefully).

Ubuntu packages are buing built for Ubuntu 9.10 karmic and 10.04 lucid
at https://launchpad.net/~yade-users/+archive/ppa .

Many thanks to all contributors!

Václav