Re: Physical action - Force

Ah... Thanks Luc, I only repeated the same thing (put aside the suggestion to implement this in trunk ;)).

Well, actually I made 2 or 3 simulations with a such control, but as it was just for a few number of simulations I did that by modifying very quickly with hands the necessary parameters (mass, isdynamic and so on...). In addition I did that with an old Yade version, where I had samples ready for that (compacted at different densities, under different stress states etc...). All that to explain why I didn't submit anything in the trunk, sorry.

Luc

Bruno

Luc Sibille a écrit :
Hi Nejib,

When I saw Franck in Djerba, I gave him the modification I have done on an quite old version of Yade to do what you want. Have you got these modify files? If yes, they should contain the answer to your questions.

Actually, I don't really understand your question, the idea here is that there is nothing to do. Just put the walls as dynamic objects, give them a mass and lock their rotation degree of freedom and the stress control will be naturally made through the engine NewtonDampedLaw.

Best,

Luc

nejib hadda a écrit :
Hi Bruno,

Actually, I switched to forces applied on walls instead of walls
translation because I want that my wall  moves under a stress load equal
to some d_Sig= X - f(Sig1,Sig2,Sig3) where X contstant stress that do
not changes while iterating.
I don't see how to make this work using wall translation ('max_vel' for
stress control).

Any suggestion ?