Re: Debugging problem

Hello Yu,

Kdevelop is not in the standard kubuntu repository in "Lucid" (is that your version?).
You have to add backport repositories like this for instance :

1- edit /etc/apt/sources.list ("sudo vim /etc/apt/sources.list" or "sudo kate /etc/apt/sources.list")
2- uncomment the lines :
   "deb http... lucid-backports ....
   "deb-src http... lucid-backports ....
3- save you changes (":wq!+return in vim, mouse click in kate)
4- Open your package manager and find a "update" button which will scan the new repositories, then search kdevelop and install. Or simply type :
sudo aptitude update
sudo aptitude install kdevelop

You are done. Don't ask about debug, I'm still configuring Lucid on my side and didn't try anything yet.

Bruno

yyu a écrit :
Hello everyone,

   Is there some difference among yade-0.50 and former versions (such as
yade-0.20) on debugging codes? I tried two methods according to the
websit ( https://yade-dem.org/wiki/Debugging_using_Kdevelop), but lost
to open kdevelop. Finally, when running sudo apt-get install kdevelop in
terminal, my computer tells me as the following:

Reading package lists...Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information ...Done
Package kdevelop is not available, but is referred to by another
package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or is
only availabe from another source
However the following packages replace it:
 kdevplatform1-libs
E: Package kdevelop has no installation candiate

How can I use debugging on yade-0.50?Thanks a lot

Regard,
yaowei yu

--
Bruno Chareyre