Re: how to do the video

> I am a novice in Yade. I have lots of problems need to solve. now I have
> an urgent problem as the title.
> How to do the video to record the evolution of motion?
> I search it from the examples. the bulldozer.py maybe can be referenced.
> but the saved .ogg file can not play the video. just a .png file. I am
> confused. could you help me? thank you.
Hi, there are several possibilities.

1. You can either use a screen-capturing tool and simply capture the 3d
view of the simulation that appears on the screen (programs like
instanbul, recordmydesktop)

2. Save simulation periodically with VTKRecorder, then use Paraview to
open the snapshots and create the video there. (see
https://yade-dem.org/sphinx/yade.wrapper.html#yade.wrapper.VTKRecorder)

(Anton, ping? I guess you wrote a message on that to someone recently on
the list? I will add something to the docs.)

Cheers, Vaclav