Re: real-time visualization

Hi Anton, I tried to find out how to do the cylinder network and we're
having a problem with paraview actually here. There is a thread on that
in https://answers.launchpad.net/esys-particle/+question/91547

I had some success with applying the Cell centers to Point data filter
(in Filters/Alphabetical) onto the intrs.*.vtu "source" in the object
pipeline. Then one can attach regular glyphs to the result, specifying
cylinder radius based on forceN. Two problems:

1. We don't store normals inside interactions, so the cylinders are not
properly oriented.

2. There is no way (seems to me) to have cylinder glyph which will only
have radius scaled using the scalar field (forceN), but height being
equal to some other scalar value (interaction length, which we don't
store either...)

I am investigating it further. It seems like a thing that is frequently
needed. Perhaps writing a few lines to do that inside Yade will be
easier for now. Is there interest in that? Cylidners oriented along
interactions scaled/colored based on normal force values...?

Cheers, v.