Re: periodic boundary

> Hi, Vaclav!
> So, if periodicity is enabled a simulation space extents from (0,0,0) to
> (+x,+y,+z)?
Yes, roughly said. See various periodic scripts in scripts/test how they
set O.cell.refSize and such. I am planning for some more documentation,
but it has not yet happened.

> And I need a "floor" in a periodic cell as you can see in a file 1.png
> But after first contact spheres with facets I get a periodic facets (see
> 2.png) and a error:
>
> Yade [1]: FATAL
> /home/sega/work/yade/trunk/pkg/common/Engine/GlobalEngine/InsertionSortCollider.cpp:440
> spatialOverlapPeri: Body #1 spans over half of the cell size 1 (axis=0,
> min=0, max=0, span=0)
> FATAL /home/sega/work/yade/trunk/core/ThreadRunner.cpp:31 run: Exception
> occured:
> /home/sega/work/yade/trunk/pkg/common/Engine/GlobalEngine/InsertionSortCollider.cpp:
> Body larger than half of the cell size encountered.

> So, periodic facets is a bug or a feature and how to can I create a
> floor?

You have to make the facet smaller than half of the cell, that is what
it says. You can compose the floor of multiple facets to achieve that.
HTH, v.