Re: Exception std::bad_alloc when a simulation is started

Yes it is by using always the same version (0.5), so it should not be the problem pointed by Chiara.

The problem appears after a triaxial compression, but I often reloaded xml files after a compression without problems. However, as you said I will double check the registered variables.

Of course I could use the last bzr revision, but it would mean remake all the sample preparation which is quite long in my case. In addition I make computations on computation servers and it is always quite long to install a new Yade version and not always possible (you need to ask to the administrator for the installation of the new necessary libraries, and these libraries are not always compatible with the configuration of the servers...)

Thank you for your help,

Luc

Bruno Chareyre a écrit :
If I understand correctly, the problem is with scenes saved and loaded using the same
version (0.5).
Usually, when I get this type of behaviour, it is because I forgot to register a variable
that was needed, or (the opposite) because I registered a variable that should always
start with the default value (typically, a flag isFirst).
Maybe this sort of mistake results in memory leak in an infinite loop in your case?
Did you find correct behaviour with earlier versions?

Bruno