Re: [Question #136034]: quasi-static equilibrium

Chiara Modenese is still having a problem:
Hi all! Thanks for your answers! I see that the unbalanced force is the best
indicator. Another matter is how to calibrate the algorithm's parameters to
achieve quasi-static equilibrium. I am used to scale up the mass, but when I
employ high inter-particle stiffnesses, then the system is quite unstable
and reducing the time step does not help. There are so many parameters
involved, like mass, loading rate, damping and so on. I could not find a
good paper where they suggest a "precise" way of calibration to reach
quasi-static equilibrium. For instance, can we use a smaller sample to
calibrate those parameters? Would be the calibration still representative?

cheers! Chiara