Re: [Question #136034]: quasi-static equilibrium

Chiara Modenese posted a new comment:
Thanks for your answers. I do not expect exactly the same solution for a reduced number of particles, but maybe the parameters calibrated for it would still work once the size of the simulation is increased.
To my knowledge, no paper on this sort of calibration for a non-linear elastic law (usually authors say that a trial and error procedure is adopted, but not so much details on it are provided - OTOH, if one wants to reproduce the same results, such info are quite important to prove the correctness of those results, I think).
My sample gets the stability after the isotropic phase. The instability arises when the triaxial path starts and only when I increase the contact Young's modulus. I cannot get rid of damping. I was looking for a new procedure to control the boundaries in order to solve this problem. Not sure yet what to adopt. I do not think that the current procedure (the one with the dynamic cell) is bad, but I would like to find a more systematic manner to approach the problem.

Chiara