Re: [Question #136034]: quasi-static equilibrium

Chareyre proposed the following answer:
> OTOH, if one wants to reproduce the same results, such info are quite
important to prove the correctness of those results, I think).

Not really. A good setting of rate/damping/control is one that will _not_ affect the
result. Not affecting means a small change in the settings keeps the results statisticaly
unchanged.
Hence, if Thornton used settings A and you use settings B, and if nor A nor B affect the
result. It is consistent to compare the results.

> My sample gets the stability after the isotropic phase. The
instability arises when the triaxial path starts and only when I
increase the contact Young's modulus. I cannot get rid of damping. I was
looking for a new procedure to control the boundaries in order to solve
this problem. Not sure yet what to adopt.

If boundary control is stable for isotropic confinment, it is unlikely that it is the
source of instabilities in the loading phase (provided the loading rate is low enough).
Do you increase Young during the simulation? It could explain a lot.

Bruno