Re: [Question #142804]: PSD generation

Václav Šmilauer posted a new comment:
(2) if you specify psdSizes (radii) and psdCumm with makeCloud, you
should be able to get any psd you are able to describe by a non-
decreasing piecewise-linear function. Therefore, in your case, you would
have psdSizes=[r1,r2,r3,r4] and psdCumm=[0,.4,.4,1] to get 40% uniformly
in (r1,r2) and remaining 60% uniformly in [r3,r4]. But I suspect that
algorithm is buggy. Fixes welcome.

(3) I was not able to discover the reason, although I checked the
derivation carefully several times. It is true though that I never used
that function since Chiara introduced the particleSD method, which is
more straightforward and gives lower porosity due to the ability to
place bigger spheres first.