[Question #146440]: dynamic vs static friction

Hi there,

in Yade we never make distinction between static and dynamic friction in any of the contact models. I was wondering if this distinction is actually only useful for dynamic cases or even in quasi-static condition could make some difference. What is your opinion? Would that be an introduction which enriches the contact model but does not really affect the results?

Cheers.
Chiara