Re: [Question #159902]: Reinforced Concrete Beam

Hi Arthur,

my WireMat material model is designed for steel wires. I am actually using it
for the simulation of rockfall nettings which are made from steel. If you look
at the material definition you see that there is a possibility to define a
piece-wise linear stress-strain curve and a diameter. There are some
additional parameters I use for the netting which you shouldn't worry about.

I use remote interactions, this means that particles can interact even if they
aren't in contact, but it should work as well if particles are in contact. It
is essential to create the link between the steel particles at the beginning
of the simulations. However, at the current stage WireMat just considers
tensile forces (but an extension for compression can be implemented).

Have a look and tell me what you think. You can find my examples in
examples/WireMatPM and some simple two-particle tests in
scripts/test/WireMatPM.

Cheers

Klaus

--
Dr. Klaus Thoeni - Centre for Geotechnical and Materials Modelling
Civil, Surveying and Environmental Engineering - Engineering Building EA