Re: [Question #159394]: Periodic - servo-control using stiffness - simulation loop

Chiara Modenese is still having a problem:
On 31 May 2011 17:35, honzik <question159394@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Your question #159394 on Yade changed:

> honzik proposed the following answer:
>
> >Vaclav did not use it and Jan wrote his own controller, but I let him add
> >comment on all of this (could not you add your opinion, Jan?).
>
> Of course I could :-) but as I don't know PeriTriaxController and
> similar engines very well and having not so much time just now, could
> you please summarize your discussion here for me (if you still want my
> opinion)?

That is fine, Jan. It proves that I was right to say that the static method
was not used before (afaik). The line in question is

(in PeriTriaxController)
strain_rate=1/scene->dt*(goal[axis]-stress[axis])*cellArea[axis]/(stiff[axis]>0?stiff[axis]:1.);

To me, this needs to be adjusted. Am trying to do something with that now, I
hope that nobody will mind if I change something in the pertinent code (for
the static solution, at least).
Cheers.
Chiara