Re: [Question #164547]: Angular velocity from orientation

Daniela is still having a problem:
Hi Anton,

if I had the angles as input data I could just calculate the angular velocity using w = delta theta/ delta t.
But in my case I just have the quaternions defining the orientation. I mean if I know the orientation of the body in the time t1 and in the time t2, could I maybe calculate the angular velocity necessary to change the orientation of the body in yade using a special function? If not, how should I proceed?

I always heard that it is better to work with quaternions instead of
euler angles. Because this I though that there should be an easy way to
do such calculations.

Thanks in advance, Daniela.