Re: [Question #172345]: calculation of stress tensor and fabric tensor with rigid boundary

Chiara Modenese proposed the following answer:
On 26 September 2011 10:50, ceguo
<question172345@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Question #172345 on Yade changed:

> ceguo is still having a problem:
> So you mean we don't need to discriminate the two kinds of contacts,
> i.e. each physical contact, no matter particle-particle or particle-
> wall,  should both be counted once (or both twice).

It is not of a choice to count contacts twice or once. When you compute
coordination number you should count them twice. Eventually you can avoid to
consider rattles in the calculation (see Thornton 2000). Have a look at
utils.avgNumInteractions(). Note that from the total number of contacts only
1*N (not twice) of rattles (particles with one contact only) is subtracted.
I do not think there should be any distinction for wall-sphere contacts or
at least I do not see any reason for that.

Chiara