Re: [Question #174861]: Packages and Source code possible simultaneously?

Christian Jakob proposed the following answer:
Yes, you can compile as much yade versions as you want!
This is simply done by compiling into different folders.
Example:

download YADE version x to folder /home/kumara/yade-source-x
download YADE version y to folder /home/kumara/yade-source-y

cd /home/kumara/yade-source-x
scons PREFIX=/home/kumara/YADE-X

cd /home/kumara/yade-source-y
scons PREFIX=/home/kumara/YADE-Y

After this you should have two executables
(/home/kumara/YADE-X/bin/yade-x and /home/kumara/YADE-Y/bin/yade-y).
If you want to run one of these you can execute in terminal by typing:

~/YADE-X/bin/yade-x

If you do not want to use such a long command, you can alias it in
your /home/kumura/.bashrc

Simply add this lines at the end of your .bashrc:

alias yade-x='/home/kumura/YADE-X/bin/yade-x'
alias yade-y='/home/kumura/YADE-Y/bin/yade-y'

Then restart your bash with . ~/.bashrc and then you can use these
commands:

yade-x
yade-y

Regards,