[Question #174861]: Packages and Source code possible simultaneously?

I use now Yade 0.60 package version and want to check source code too. Is it possible to have both versions at the same time? If so, how to install source code, say, yade-0.60.3 release version? What all I have to do is to uncompresse yade-0.60.3.tar.bz2 and then compile tying scons PREFIX=/home/kumara/YADE?

If I compile properly, how to run source code version (how to type on terminal)?

Thank you,

Kumara