Re: [Question #175211]: simple shear test with PBCs

Chiara Modenese posted a new comment:
On 19 October 2011 15:41, Chareyre
<question175211@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Your question #175211 on Yade changed:
>
> Chareyre posted a new comment:
> Jan, it will not work. In simple shear, there is a continuous rotation
> of principal axis during the loading. You can't do that by simply
> rotating the initial problem.
>
> Chiara, no, imposing shear stress is not possible, shear stress will be a
> result. It would not be a good type of control anyway. We don't impose
> stress but strain rate in axial compression, for the same reason (post-peak
> behaviour).

Of course! Sorry I meant precisely that (I said that velGrad should be set
from outside PeriTx).

I guess you get it already, but if you want oedometer-type conditions, then
> you have to change a little the boundary conditions of the script. For now
> all three sigma_kk are imposed.

Yep, got it thanks :-)