[Question #175394]: numerical instability and small time steps

I am wondering about numerical instabilities of YADE. As you know I am working with PFC and YADE. For one and the same model I get time steps about 3e-7 [s] for PFC and 2e-9 [s] for YADE! This is more than factor 100. Nethertheless I can run the model, but if timeStepUpdateInterval in GlobalStiffnessTimeStepper is too big (100), than the model gets instable. Spheres fly through the facets and the model "explodes" with velocities > 10 km/s.

Any hint, what I might do wrong?

Thanks,

Christian