[Question #176343]: Modeling distributed load on a discrete domain in YADE

I want to model a single footing lying on a discrete element domain. The surface dimension of the soil domain is larger than than dimension of the footing.

                   Distributed load
                       |   |   |    |   |   |    |
                       |   |   |    |   |   |    |
                       v~v~v~v~v~v~v
      ---------------------------------------------- (ground level)
     |     y                                                      |

I don't know if we can simulate the loading condition like this in YADE. I thought about simulating the footing by a wall with finite dimension or by a plate made of spheres bouding together, but I am not sure these can work.

I hope  you can help me with this. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Viet