Re: [Question #176343]: Modeling distributed load on a discrete domain in YADE

Description changed to:

Hi,

I want to model a single footing lying on a discrete element domain. The
surface dimension of the soil domain is larger than than dimension of
the footing.

                   Distributed load
                       |   |   |    |   |   |    |
                       |   |   |    |   |   |    |
                       v~v~v~v~v~v~v

I don't know if we can simulate the loading condition like this in YADE.
I thought about simulating the footing by a wall with finite dimension
or by a plate made of spheres bouding together, but I am not sure these
can work.

I hope  you can help me with this. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Viet