Re: [Question #175606]: How does "particleSD_2d" work ...???

Chareyre posted a new comment:
Chiara,  I was guessing this function was orphan since nobody was
explaining its usage, but there is no reason to remove if it is used by
someone (you). It is your decision.

There are still things unclear that could maybe be fixed:
- why mandatory name=""?
- why must we give psd and meanRad at the same time? it is annoying because defining the latest is non-trivial
- why your passing doesn't start at 0 and end at 100?
- running your example script, I get 505 spheres, why not 390?

I again improved makeCloud a bit in r2953. It is now very flexible:
- 2D/3D
- periodic or not
- uniform or psd-based size distributions
- distributions by mass or by number
- target packing by meanRad OR by number, in arbitrary size of box.