[Question #181608]: Viscous damping of clumps

Hi guys,

I was wondering if someone has experience with viscous damping of clumps. I implemented viscous normal damping for the standard FrictMat using a critical damping ratio beta the same way as it is used in PFC. I did a simple drop test of one sphere and a sphere made by clumped particles. They have the same mass. However, the drop test shows a different behaviour if beta!=0 (e.g. if viscous damping is activated). It seems that the critical damping constant must be different to get a similar behaviour. Any comments and suggestions?

I can commit the code and provide an example if needed.

Cheers

Klaus