Optimized contact detection available

Hi all,

The branch with optimized contact detection has been merged with trunk
in bzr3000.
According to my last tests and roughly speaking, yade is _3 times
faster_ after this commit, but the result will be worst or better
depending on the number of particles, the number of threads, the
constitutive law used, the velocity of bodies, and a few other things.

If you don't compile yade, you can try the new version by installing or
updating the yade-daily package.
A few timings are reported on the wiki at
https://www.yade-dem.org/wiki/Colliders_performace
I would be glad to get feedback on the actual speedup in other simulations.
I can imagine possible slowdown in extreme cases, although it is
unlikely to happen (if it happens, then tuning the collider's parameters
should fix the problem).
If you feel like experimenting, you can play with the three parameters
of the new collider: verletDist, targetInterv, and minSweepDistFactor.
Reports can be very usefull as they will help to decide what is best
best default combination for these parameters.

I hope we can release a stable version on this basis soon, when it is
confirmed that the new collider is bug-free.

Best regards.

Bruno

--
Bruno Chareyre