Re: [Question #185947]: Particles Packing with overlaps

Klaus Thoeni proposed the following answer:
Hi Ali,

you probably can just generate a TriaxialTest and export the spheres if you
need a random packing. Start yade, press F10 and have a look at the controller
tab Generate. You can choose TriaxialTest and adapt a few parameters. If you
just want to create a packinng with overlap make sure
autoCompressionActivation is off. You can change the size of the box. You
should use internalCompaction in order to keep the size of the box. Play with
the parameters in order to see if you can get what you need. You can export
the spheres e.g. by:

from yade import export
export.text('mypacking.spheres')

furthermore you can have a look at scripts/triax-tutorial if you want to use
python scripts.

HTH
Klaus