Re: [Question #186108]: about the parallel calculation in 32 cores cluster

Anton Gladky proposed the following answer:
Hi Liqing,

to use a parallelism on 0.70, you just need to put "-jN" parameter to
the command line. Something like:

yade-0.70 -j4 yourScript.py

In this case 4 threads will be used. But the effectiveness of
parallelisation  is strong depended on the task, you are using. For
some tasks it works better, for other you will get even a slowdown.
Just try.

>  I read some relative documents about the
>  parallelism in yade. There are 3 levels. I don't know how to use others. If
>  some kind people realized already, could you please send me an example?

Well, the main "parallelism" is the "splitting" of some loops
(openmp), it works automatically.

Another opportunity is to use ParallelEngine [1]. But you should be
careful with that one.

Third, probably, is a batch-system [2], I am personally using it a
lot. You can start several Yade-processes in one time.t

[1] https://www.yade-
dem.org/doc/yade.wrapper.html?highlight=parallelengine#yade.wrapper.ParallelEngine

[2] http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~yade-
dev/yade/trunk/files/head:/scripts/test/batch/

Anton