Re: it need Gravity engine to run in yade-0.70.0 version

Dear Liqing,

All examples scripts of triaxial simulations are working correctly
without a gravity engine. So, you must have another problem that the
gravity engine is only hiding.
In order to help users in such cases, we need working scripts generally,
not just parts of them.
The other problem here is you are developing your own contact law, which
makes it impossible to test your scripts currently. We can't help in
this situation.
If it is improving something, you could consider working on the bzr
version and integrate your law in the source code after some review from us.

Bruno

On 02/02/12 09:29, Liqing Jiao wrote:
> Dear Anton,
>
> Thank you very much for your warm help. My engine file is following.
> But I organized the new Ip2, and Law2 files which are modified based
> on Luc's model. As for triax, that is "ThreeDTriaxialEngine". Without
> GravityEngine, I can't run it. It doesn't work. But, including
> GravityEngine, it can work. If I set the three parameters in
> GravityEngine to be zero, it also can't work. I wish that the
> information I post here is enough. Thank you very much.
>
> O.engines=[
> ParallelEngine([
> ForceResetter(),
> BoundDispatcher([Bo1_Sphere_Aabb(),Bo1_Box_Aabb()]),
> InsertionSortCollider(),]),
> InteractionLoop(
> [Ig2_Sphere_Sphere_ScGeom(interactionDetectionFactor=1.25),Ig2_Box_Sphere_ScGeom()],
> [Ip2_LpmMat_LpmMat_LpmPhys()],
> [Law2_ScGeom_LpmPhys_LPlasPM()]
> ),
> #GlobalStiffnessTimeStepper(),
> triax,
> # you can add TriaxialStateRecorder and such here??
> #PyRunner(iterPeriod=1,command='lateral()',initRun=False),
> GravityEngine(gravity=(0,0,-0.1)),
> #GravityEngine(gravity=(0,0,9.9)),
> NewtonIntegrator(damping=.4),
> ]
>
> Cheers, Liqing
>
> At 2012-01-28 14:42:39,"Anton Gladky" <gladky.anton@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >just do not add GravityEngine. Please, attach the problem-script to
> >give a more precise answer.
> >
> >Anton
> >

> >2012/1/28 Liqing Jiao <jiaoliqing@xxxxxxxx>:
> >>  Dear All,
> >>
> >> I want to simulate a compression test without gravity effect. But I found I
> >> can't run it. If I add the gravity engine, then It can run. Could you please
> >> help me to solve this problem? Thank you in advance.
> >>
> >> Cheers, Liqing

Bruno Chareyre
Associate Professor
ENSE^(3) - Grenoble INP