Compare Experimental and Numerical

Hi everybody

I have some problems on YADE at the moment. I'll try to make it clear.

I did an experimental oedometric test on a metal powder with a very low punch stress (~5MPa). Metal powder for gears manufacturing are usually pressed up to ~900MPa.
So I expect there is no plastic deformation of the grains in my case.

I wanted then to reproduce this with an elastic Contact Law on YADE (with "Law2_ScGeom_FrictPhys_CundallStrack()")

The numerical results show a higher volumetric density than experimental measurements (that was expected ...) but also forces around 2000 times too important.

I checked the following:

  *   Units of my parameters
  *   Unbalanced force (to remain quasi-static)
  *   Number of particle (from 200 to 2000 and soon to 10000)
  *   Change initial volumetric density with friction or clumps
  *   Reduce the velocity of the upper punch
  *   Reduce by 1000 to 3000 times the Young Modulus

>From all the things I checked, the sole way to obtain numerical forces near the experimental ones was to reduce the Young Modulus by 2000 or 3000 times.
My current problem is that I can't justify such a result.

Do you have an explanation on how to justify this or some tips on what could be checked?

Thanks
Benoit

Follow ups