Re: Compare Experimental and Numerical

Hello Benoît,

For your information, the habit is now rather to ask questions via Launchpad interface (https://answers.launchpad.net/yade/+addquestion, have also a look at https://answers.launchpad.net/yade)

My personnal feeling is that your problem is calibration of the parameters of your numerical discrete model towards the experiments you want to simulate.

I'd recommand you first to have in mind that what is called Young Modulus in Yade has NOTHING to do with a Young Modulus in continuum mechanics... I dared to upper case "NOTHING" since the equations, and the roles in these equations of these two "Young Modulus", have nothing in common, even if correlations can be deduced.. I wouldn't be able to answer you why it is called "Young modulus", then...

Maybe some " " around Young's modulus in https://www.yade-dem.org/doc/yade.wrapper.html#yade.wrapper.ElastMat.young would be helpful to not mislead anyone ?

An other thing is also that 200 particles were surely too few to have a behaviour that depends only on the mechanical parameters of your numerical model. 2000 is already better, but 10000 is maybe the most common, I would say.