Re: [Question #181411]: cylinder larger than half of the periodic cell

Chareyre proposed the following answer:
I found your script, and I understand a bit more.
With only one cylinder and fixed xXYZ, it seems to work correctly.
The 3D display is misleading, because it will always display the
position of the long cylinder inside the base period. And the "position"
of a cylinder is at a node, not a mid-range between nodes. If you impose
a velocity on x to the cylinder, you will see this effect clearly.
This display problem aside, I think the simulation is correct. I'm
sending you a script that - I think - gives the correct behaviour.
I have only one doubt on the ending node, which is small and may
therefore be seen as a periodic object. I'm not sure it is a problem but
I have not much time to investigate.
For sure, you should not trust what you "see" in the 3D view, instead
you should inspect the results of the simulation (contact forces, etc.)
and see if it is consistent.

Bruno

--
Bruno Chareyre