[Question #191096]: plot 2D Velocity field

I'm running simulation of a simple shear test (in  a cell with periodic boundaries).

I want to plot the projection of the the velocity field on the plane where the shear rate is applied (plane x-z).
so I save the position and the velocity of the particles:

for tip in O.bodies:

                      pos0.append(tip.state.pos[0])
                      pos1.append(tip.state.pos[1])
                      pos2.append(tip.state.pos[2])
                      vel0.append(tip.state.vel[0])
                      vel1.append(tip.state.vel[1])
                      vel2.append(tip.state.vel[2])

and then I plot:

quiver(pos1,pos2,vel0,vel2)

If I plot the velocity field (on plane x-z) ,when  deformation of the cell is not so big,  the shape of the velocity field (which contains the position of the particles in x-z plane) is a parallelogram as expected.

but If I run the script for a longer time and then I plot it   the shape is no more a parallelogram because the sides are no more straight .

It seems like the problem is  how I save the positions of the particles but I can't understand why it's wrong.

Thanks for any suggestion,

Giuseppe