Re: [Question #191084]: clumps - particle size distribution

Christian Jakob posted a new comment:
Hi Chiara,

I am also interested in how to do this in Yade.
I have experience how this can be done with PFC. The procedure is as follows:

1. Generate your packing with spheres.
2. Create templates of your clumps.
3. Replace spheres with clump templates (clumps should have same real volume as your spheres).

for example I send you the fish-code of my model:

;make a template of a clump with 2 overlapping spheres:
clump template make dyad 2 radii 0.5 0.5 pos (0.25, 0.5, 0.25) (-0.25, -0.25, -0.25)

;replace 5 percent of the spheres by clumps with my template called dyad:
clump replace 1 dyad 0.05

Regards,

Christian