Re: [Question #199540]: Who is usung these contact laws?

Chiara Modenese proposed the following answer:

On 6 Jun 2012, at 10:40, Chareyre wrote:

> Question #199540 on Yade changed:
>
> Chareyre posted a new comment:
> Chiara: I was remembering the discussion on elastic unloading for rolling (what I called "irreversible") but I didn't know in which law it had been implemented. You confirm that it is in Law2_SCG_MomentPhys_CohesionlessMomentRotation. In that case the law has something specific and shouldn't be removed, I think.

OK. Yes, there was a discussion but I cannot find the link to it right
now. This "irreversible" behaviour happens in all the Yade Laws where
the rolling is implemented so it is not specific to
Law2_SCG_MomentPhys_CohesionlessMomentRotation. The details of the
implementation, however, are different (use of quaternions versus
incremental implementation). Do you think that this could be a good
reason for keeping it?

> Concerning twist_creep, it is relatively well tested (by us). It has
similarities and served as an example for rolling IIRC, but it is very
different, it's the normal component of torque and it defines a viscous
creep.

Yes, I understood it is different but with a similar form.

Cheers,
Chiara