Re: [Question #207350]: Questions concerning triaxial test

lingran posted a new comment:
Hi, Bruno,

Thank you very much for the reply, I learn a lot from that.
 It's my great honour to discuss with famous persons like you!

1. what I mean is PSD has an great effect on the compacted porosity. in
my situation, at the same confining press of 100kpa, the lowest
compacted porosity obtained in uniform distribution is 0.4, however, the
lowest compacted porosity obtained using "psdSizes and psdCumm" can be
as low as 0.3.

2. same one told me there is an easy way to draw that curve in matlab, I
will figure it out later.

3. I think we use the same contact law: the same mechanical
parameters(include the cohesion), the same way to calculate normal and
tangential force,  normal and tangential contact stiffness, the same
Mohr-Coulomb rupture criterion...., actually, the maximum differential
stress  obtained by   Plassiard  is 400kpa, while in my situation, it is
only 300kpa.

cheers
Lingran