Re: [Question #207350]: Questions concerning triaxial test

lingran posted a new comment:
Hi Bruno and Christian,

Thank you very much for pointing out my mistakes and showing me your
methods.

To better understand your different ways of calculating coordination
number, the number of spheres were set to be 5.

Here is the list of interactions recorded by Christian's method(notice that the interactions between two spheres are counted twice).
###------------###
interactions:id.1, id.2
 6 8
 3 6
 1 6------sphere(id=6) has 5 interactions--(1+2+3+4+5)
 6 7
 4 6
----------
 8 7
 7 10
 1 7------sphere(id=7) has 5 interactions--(1+2+3+4+5)
 4 7
 6 7
----------
 6 8
 8 7------sphere(id=8) has 4 interactions--(1+2+3+4)
 0 8
 5 8
----------
 9 10
 5 9
 1 9------sphere(id=9) has 4 interactions--(1+2+3+4)
 2 9
----------
 9 10
 7 10------sphere(id=10) has 4 interactions--(1+2+3+4)
 0 10
 4 10

c_wallsphere:interactions between walls and spheres
c_spheresphere:interactions between spheres and spheres
n_wall=6:the number of walls
n_sphere:the number of spheres
Z:coordination number

According to Bruno's method:
Z=2*(c_wallsphere+c_spheresphere)/(n_wall+n_sphere)
=2*(12+5)/11=3.0909

According to Christian's method:
Z=[(1+2+3+4+5)*2+(1+2+3+4)*3]/(c_wallsphere+2*c_spheresphere)
=60/(12+2*5)=2.7272

Two different results,I am a little confused, which one I should take?
Sorry for my silly question.

Lingran