Re: [Question #207881]: Unphysical behaviour, and Verlet collision detection

Chareyre proposed the following answer:
Hi,

It will not be too difficult to check if verletDist is the problem. Set
verletDist=0 and the collider will run at each iteration.

>so the distance is adjusted, isn't it?

Yes.

>It isn't that clear the difference between the sweepLength, the
verletDist and the sweepDist.

Collider::sweepLength is a deprecated name (an alias) of  verletDist.
This kind of double naming is only to insure backward compatibility vs.
older scripts when we rename something.

BoundDispatcher::sweepDist is only a copy of verletDist in most cases,
except that if stride can't be activated (because for instance no
NewtonEngine is found), it will be 0. It is set automaticaly by the
collider.so you don't have to worry about that.

Bound::sweepLength is the distance that is effectively used for one specific aabb.
"The length used to increase the bounding boxe size, can be adjusted on the basis of previous displacement if :yref:`BoundDispatcher::targetInterv`>0. |yupdate|"

As Jan said, we can't help much without running your scripts on our side. So, I suggest that you commit your code to yade's trunk and provide example script. Since it is in new classes - I guess - it can't break anything (provided it compiles); so you can commit even if it doesn't work yet, don't be afraid of that.
That way, we will collaborate more efficiently and you can contribute to yade with a new shape. :)

You are aware that the inspector can help a lot for debugging, yes?

Bruno